Some simple selling tips:
If you are looking to get the best possible price for your property read through the following suggestions and you might be inspired!!!!! And they are not hard, time consuming or expensive.
How you present your home to the buying public is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price.
Many buyers will do a ‘drive by’ before they make the decision to inspect a property. Make sure the lawns are cut and any fallen branches, weeds, rubbish or recycle bins or bikes are removed or hidden away. That old saying ‘First impressions last’ applies to your home from the moment the ‘for sale’ sign goes up.
Before you have any photographs taken for advertising ask us to give you some sound advice on how to best present your home and please don’t take it personally if we ask you to make some small changes – we just to want to get the best price for your property.
Ballarat is notorious for cold damp winters. We all keep our windows closed and often window sills, cornices of bedrooms and bathroom ceilings attract mildew. A wipe over with any number of household cleaning liquids will remove dark unwanted stains that look worse than they really are.
After shifting houses on numerous occasions it’s amazing how much we accumulate in our homes. Clutter or simply too much furniture or personal belongings can detract from the features of your home and hide the features buyers are looking for. We can let you know what should stay and what could be placed in the garage or storage to make it easier for buyers to view your home.
- Lawns and Gardens should be kept tidy as first impressions are important.
- Remove cobwebs both inside and outside the home.
- Clean windows.
- Perhaps consider some fresh paint if there is a bathroom or hallway in poor condition - flaking paint and cracks detract from the property.
- Steam clean carpets as this makes the home smell fresh and helps present the property in its best condition.
- Remove Shoes from the front and back door.
- Open blinds and curtains – allows as much natural light as possible.
- Place your car in your garage or away from the front of the home.
- Put unsightly items away or out of sight, such as rubbish bins
- A fresh bright bunch of flowers placed strategically can add a burst of colour to a lounge or dining area.
- Minor repairs should be carried out- little things do count.
- Hot or cold- if it’s warm out, have the air-conditioning on and if it’s cool have the heater on.
- Open windows and allow fresh air into the home
Simply give us a call and we can give you an opinion that won’t cost you a cent but can make the difference between a ‘very good’ sale price or a ‘fair’ sale price.